Once you have reached test standard, you can apply on-line for your practical test -
You will need -
1) UK provisional driving licence number
2) Credit or debit card
3) Driving instructor's personal reference number to ensure that they & their tuition vehicle are available on the relevant date & time
Cost - £62.00 (Week days)
Venue - Launceston Test Centre
The Test -
1) The examiner will check that your eye sight meets the requirements. You must be able to read a standard UK number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres/67 feet. If you require glasses or contact lenses to achieve this standard, you must wear them when you drive.
2) The examiner will test your knowledge on basic car maintenance & safety. They will ask you two questions from a possible choice of nineteen. There will be one "show me" & one "tell me" question. If you answer either of the questions incorrectly, you will gain one driving test fault. The nineteen possible questions can be found on the link page but we will also have the opportunity to discuss them during our driving lessons.
3) The examiner will then test you on your general driving ability, reversing the vehicle & your ability to drive independently for around ten minutes.
The driving part of the test will last about forty minutes.