There are two parts to the test:-
1) Multiple choice questions - You need to answer 50 questions in 57 minutes.
2) Hazard Perception - This is a video about spotting hazards on the road.
Both parts of the test are done on a PC.
You must book & take them as a single test. You must pass both parts in order to pass the test.
Pass Mark Points Available
Multiple choice 43 50
Hazard Perception 44 75
Once you have passed your theory test, you must pass your practical test within two years or you must retake your theory test.
1) Town Hall Offices, Western Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7AR.
2) Units 1 & 4, Riverside Court Offices, Castle Street, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1DR.
Cost - £23.00
On-line - https://www.gov.uk/book-theory-test
You will need -
1) A provisional driving licence
2) A credit or debit card
Useful Literature (Available on-line from TSO bookshop)
The Official DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers book (£14.99)
The Official DVSA Guide to Driving - The Essential Skills book (£14.99)
The Official DVSA Complete Theory Test Kit (£19.99)
Theory Test DVD-ROM
Hazard Perception DVD-ROM
Highway Code book